Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It is never too late!!

Back in 2004 and 2005 I was living in Madrid Spain for a few months, I had the chance to go to several different cities in Europe, which allowed me take a lot of pictures of a lot of beautiful places. I wasn't always happy with the pictures I took so back then I thought "when I am back in Costa Rica I'll take a photography class", it was one of those things that I really wanted to do.

Some of the cities I visited were Rome, Florence and Venice, I fell in love with Italy, so back then I also thought "I want to learn Italian, I'll take a course when I am back in Costa Rica", well we are now in 2010 (five years later that you might think is a lot of time) and I can now say that I am learning Italian and taking my photography class, finally!.

I started the Italian course in January and the photography class this month, even though it took me five years to actually start taking these classes I am very excited that I am finally doing it.

So you might be wondering what's up with this story, well my dream is to be able to go to Italy with my husband for a few weeks to practice my Italian and to take great pictures of the awesome cities Italy has. If that is not possible, well I still want to take great pictures of anywhere and anything and to speak Italian fluently with whomever speaks Italian to me :) At the end, what I am trying to say is that it is never too late and you are never too old to do the things you want to do, just make the decision and do them, you won't regret it!

On another topic, I would like to share with you my experience in the photography class, so I am going to document all the different homework that I have to do for my photography class here in my blog, pretty much explaining what the assignment was, what I came up with and what I learned from it, because who knows it might be helpful information for somebody else, so wait for my first assignment.

Here it is a picture of Venice I took in 2005, it has some HDR post-processing:

Venice

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with light in the photo, along with the very subtle use of color.

    ReplyDelete