Monday, February 19, 2007

Me and Soccer


Like a year ago some girls at work started a soccer team, its name is Ateneas FC. They asked me to be part of it, but I wasn't really interested in playing soccer, my passion always has been basketball. Besides, in that time I had to go to classes so I didn't really have a chance to play.

This year, one of my new year's resolutions was to do some exercise to improve my health and lose some weight, so I gave soccer a chance.

It has been interesting, but also it has been a challenge since it's a completely new sport to me, I mean, I can kick a ball, but I can't really run with a ball with several girls beside me trying to take it away from me, it is really complicated. In addition to that, it seems to be a more dangerous sport than basketball, since the first day I played, I was hit with the ball, then somebody push me to the ground and the last time somebody hit my face with the ball, it was very bad for my nose.

The last two games we had to play with a team that seems to be more experienced (they must be because they kicked our buts) and also more violent, even though they win they started pushing, kicking and punching us, it was terrible! One of our teammates got injured in both games by the same girl!


The one in the picture is my friend Iriana, she's the captain of the team I guess, she organizes everything.

It has been a totally new experienced, since I'm not used to play with a whole team with rules and a referee and everything, I even had to buy soccer shoes, socks and shin guards.

It's been fun so far, I had had the chance to learn new things, meet new people and do some exercise which is something that really want! I just hope not to get injured ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment