Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pictures of Cities I visited in Spain

In 2004 I was sent to Madrid to work in a project that a client was developing with a Spanish company, I spent around 9 months there, traveling to Costa Rica only every 3 months. Because of this, I had the opportunity to visit several different cities and small towns inside Spain. It was a great experience.

Back then, during half of my trip I used my first digital camera to take tons of pictures, which was a Sony Cybershot of 2 megapixels, I say I had it during half of my trip because on December 31st, 2004 somebody stole it during the celebration of New Year's in Plaza del Sol, I was super sad because that same day I returned from a trip to Rome, so I hadn't had time to get the pictures out of the camera, so they stole the camera with most of my pictures from Rome, can you imagine?. The only good thing was that because of that I had to buy another camera, I saw it as an opportunity to buy a better one, so I bought a Sony DSC-V3 that had better features and it was greater in general.

I would like to share with you some of the pictures I took, since they are too many I selected my favorite picture of each city in Spain that I took during that time I spent there, just keep in mind that the ones taken with my first camera don't have great quality like the kind of photos you can take nowadays ;-)

Aranjuez
Prince Park
Best part of Aranjuez are the gardens, they are simply amazing, also the palace.

El Escorial
El Escorial 013.JPG
The Monastery is just impressive, if you ever go to Madrid you have to go there.

Toledo
Toledo - 047.JPG
Like all towns in Spain, Toledo is very beautiful, the cathedral is spectacular, the streets, all of it.

Avila
Avila - 003
The best part of Avila is the wall that goes around most part of the town, it is simply amazing and a great place for taking photos.

Salamanca
Salamanca - Convento de San Sebastian - 007.JPG
I think the oldest European university is here.

Guadalajara
Guadalajara - 074.JPG
Our trip to Guadalajara was totally unexpected, we were planing on going somewhere else but there wasn't a train available that day or something happened, I don't remember, so we decided to go to Guadalajara, it is a very small town where the most interesting thing to see is this huge grave.

Barcelona
Barcelona Sagrada Familia
If you haven't seen "La Sagrada Familia" then you have to, go go go. I spent around 4 hours going through it all. I was amazed with the whole architecture. Plus Barcelona is a city that you have to visit, you have to go see all Gaudi's buildings and parks.

Granada
Granada - La Alhambra - 059.JPG
Best of Granada "La Alhambra", unbelievable!

Segovia, Spain
Segovia
This place is super beautiful, the Cathedral and the Alcazar are gorgeous. From what I heard the Alcazar was used as a model when Disney created its famous castle, not sure if this is true though.

Cuenca
Cuenca - 073.JPG
Small town famous for its hanging houses.

Valencia
Valencia - 020.JPG
The whole architecture of Valencia is amazing.

Seville, Spain
Seville
This is a picture of Plaza EspaƱa, the design is great, I loved it. This place was used in Star Wars: Episode 2 to represent part of Naboo.

Madrid
Communications Palace
And finally, Madrid! This is a picture of the Communications Palace in Madrid, I took it during Easter week when coming back from the Catholic celebrations in La Almudena Church. I was a bit concerned because I didn't have a tripod and there were a lot of people walking around, but I was able to figure it out and i think it turned out great with the moon and all.

Spain is definitely a beautiful country with a lot of wonderful places that I would love to visit again with my new camera to take tons of photos, maybe some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment